[ASC-list] ACT event: 31 May - The Big Snapshot of Aus Science Engagement

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:54:27 UTC 2012

The Big Snapshot of Australian Science Engagement

*When:* 5:30pm-7pmish Thursday 31 May
*Where:* Green Couch Room, CPAS, Ground Floor, Physics Link Building 38a,
Australian National University (Map at seminars webpage:
http://cpas.anu.edu.au/news-events/seminars)
*Sustenance:* hell yes; drinks and food provided.
*Cost:* nada; it's free!

How are we engaging people with science in Australia, and how do we do it
better?

Come to this social and interactive event where your voice can help shape
the future of science communication in Australia.

A national survey on science engagement is being funded by the Australian
Government's Inspiring Australia Strategy. The survey aims to gather
information about the who, what, where, when, why and how we communicate
science in this Country.

The ASC, Bridge8 and Econnect are creating a high definition picture of
Australian science engagement.

This evening presents the chance to contribute right at the start of the
process during a fast paced session, led by Jesse Shore, national president
of ASC. Your input and ideas will help shape the survey. Similar meetings
are being held nationally at other ASC branches.

Please RSVP for catering purposes to asccanberra at gmail.com

Read more: Announcement of the national audit
http://www.asc.asn.au/blog/2012/04/30/the-biggest-snapshot-of-science-engagement-in-australia/.

Cheers
Claire (on behalf of the ASC ACT Committee)

-----
ASC CanberraCommittee
Our ASCprofile: http://www.asc.asn.au/state-and-national/act/
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ASC.Canberra