[ASC-list] ASCVIC - Evaluating Science Communication: A Professional Workshop
ian at imthinking.com.au
Mon May 28 23:50:42 UTC 2012
Evaluating Science Communication: A Professional Workshop
Bookings open at http://www.trybooking.com/25816
18 June 2012, Melbourne
• We all want to do it, some of us attempt to do it, but how many of us evaluate our science communication activities effectively?
• Evaluation of public engagement and science communication activities is often a last minute thought, done poorly or in a way that doesn’t align with objectives.
• This hands-on workshop will take you beyond evaluation basics and get you started on ways to produce meaningful findings.
• Bring your own case studies that you would like to, or wished you had, evaluated.
• You will get a chance to scrutinise your objectives, work out what you are trying to evaluate and understand some of the best practice evaluation approaches.
Course presenter Dr Cobi Smith, RiAus, has extensive experience in evaluation methodologies and recently presented her research at the PCST2012 Congress.
Venue: Graduate House, The University of Melbourne
Date: 18 June 2012
Time: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Cost: ASC Members - $20 / Non Members - $35
A light supper will be provided.
More information about the ASC-list