[ASC-list] (Vic) Tonight - two-way communication and community engagement

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:34:28 UTC 2012

Fancy a lively panel discussion with other science communicator? Then come
along *tonight *to ASC Victoria's event:

*What role for two-way communication and community engagement in the
process of science?*

*When: *Wednesday, 21 November, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
*Where: *Graduate House, University of Melbourne, 216-220 Leicester St
Carlton

*Please register at: **http://two-way-scicomm-eac2.eventbrite.com.au/?ebtv=C
* <http://two-way-scicomm-eac2.eventbrite.com.au/?ebtv=C>

*Join the panel discussion, get practical when we examine **case studies in
**two-way science communication.*

*Refreshments provided.*

Two-way engagement has been the buzz phrase in science communication over
the last decade, but how can this process be genuine and meaningful?

As engagement and communication practitioners we regularly connect the
public with science, but can this connection go beyond the transmission of
information? Can we facilitate engagement to actually improve the way
science is carried out?

A lively panel discussion and case studies for audience will bring together
researchers and science communicators and will explore why and how
engagement practitioners can implement deliberative engagement into their
practice.