[ASC-list] Mild to severe: What's behind the rise in food allergies in children? (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 01:48:21 UTC 2012

The next podcast from Up Close is now available.

"Mild to severe: What's behind the rise in food allergies in children?"
(
http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/223-mild-severe-what-s-behind-rise-food-allergies-children
)

Childhood allergy expert Prof Katie Allen discusses the emerging epidemic
of food allergies in children and its causes. Presented by Dr Shane
Huntington.

"Where I think the big movement forward will come from genetic technology
is stratifying risk by genetic predisposition so that there may be some
people who have a more sensitive genetic predisposition that makes them
more likely to do poorly to that environmental risk factor." -- Prof Katie
Allen

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/

Happy listening!

Dyani
 Dyani Lewis