[ASC-list] Exhibition: Brain Art Project (19 October, Sydney)

Misha Donohoe mishad at me.com
Tue Oct 9 02:08:07 UTC 2012

One for the calendar if you are in Sydney  :-)

Cheers,
Misha

Fwd: invitation from Silvia and Relmi Damiano ...

Exhibition Launch - Brain Art Project
5pm, Friday 19 October
Verge Gallery, Sydney University

Come along to a free event organised by the founders of About my Brain - Silvia and Relmi Damiano and supported by the Matching Grants Program from the City of Sydney. The aim of the BrainArt Project is to encourage people to explore what creates pleasure in their lives as well as to stimulate creativity and self expression.

There will be activities, amazing art, sculptures and digital installations, live dance, music and drama performances, as well as chocolate sculpting, a speech by the Black Dog Institute, and the awards ceremony presentation, where the winner of the competition will be announced and awarded the $5,000 BrainArt Awards Major Prize.

You can be part of this initiative by:
Joining our Facebook Event and inviting a friend
Voting for your favourite piece on the BrainArt Project Virtual Gallery
Subscribing to our updates (if you haven't already)
If you are overseas, stay tuned by checking our website, twitter and facebook
You can also: Read Our Story  and  View the Program

See you at the show!
Silvia Damiano        Relmi Damiano
Founder & Director       Managing Director

Neuroscience for Everyone
www.aboutmybrain.com
www.brainartproject.com

Your help with spreading the word is so appreciated! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Endorsed by Clover Moore | Lord Mayor, City of Sydney
“The capacity of the human mind to perceive, to reason and to create is astounding yet most of us take it for granted every day. I encourage Sydneysiders to get involved with this exciting event celebrating the endless potential of our grey matter."

Misha Donohoe
Illustration & Science Communication

ph. 0450 601 190
e. mishaleena at gmail.com
w. mishaleena.tumblr.com

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."   -    A. Einstein

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.