[ASC-list] issue-Communications experience – Seeking Volunteer for IGARSS, Melbourne 2013

Liese Coulter l.coulter at griffith.edu.au
Fri Oct 12 04:17:37 UTC 2012

I don't want to put too much of a damper on work experience but it seems to
me the position just listed for a volunteer is a skilled and professional
job that is going un-funded. This hits at the heart of professional science
communicators who are often asked to apply high level skills that are
valued as basic administration. I think a conference of 1500 people is a
massive undertaking and deserves a professional communication budget with
volunteers helping out as well.
The Local Organising Committee of the 2013 IEEE International
Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) is looking for an
experienced volunteer to join the Committee, to assist with media and
communication activities for the Symposium. This will include writing
newsletters, content for the conference website and social media, in
the lead-up to and during the Symposium which takes place in Melbourne
in July 2013. Media liaison during the conference as
well as follow-up tasks post-conference will also be required.

Regards,

Liese Coulter