[ASC-list] [Vic] Save the date: 21 Nov, 2-way science communication and engagement

Maia Sauren maia.sauren at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 23:09:27 UTC 2012

*What role for two-way communication and community engagement in the
process of science?*
*Wednesday 21 November - 6.30pm - 8.30pm
*Graduate House, University of Melbourne

As engagement and communication practitioners we regularly connect the
public with science. But can this connection go beyond the transmission of
information? Can we facilitate engagement to actually improve the way
science is carried out? Two-way engagement has been the buzz phrase over
the last decade, but how can this process be genuine and meaningful?
This panel debate will explore why and how engagement practitioners might
implement deliberative engagement into their practice. Bringing together
scientists and researchers from biomedicine, public health and policy, we
will hear their views and their experiences. Come along to share your
thoughts and decide whether communication and engagement can actually add
value to science.

For more information please contact Kirsty Jones on
Jones.kirstyann at gmail.com.

Maia Sauren, PhD
PO Box 12304, Melbourne VIC 8006, Australia
maia.sauren at gmail.com | +61408824846 | @sauramaia