[ASC-list] Fwd: Sydney based Science Communicator with a Ph.D. in Life Sciences? Seeking career advice for postdocs >

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Mon Oct 15 06:45:02 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Clint Perry <clintjperry at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Subject: career advice to postdocs
To: office at asc.asn.au

Dear ASC,
I'm contacting you in an attempt to find someone who might like to share
their career path wisdom within science communication for those at the
postdoc level.
I am a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Biological Sciences at
Macquarie University. I am the organizer/director of a newly formed
postdoctoral association that aims to provide enrichment for postdocs
within the Science Faculty. In late November we are having a meeting about
alternative careers. One important area I would like to cover is science
communication. Ideally I would make contact with someone local who entered
their field after receiving a Ph.D. in a life sciences area. If you know of
anyone who fits this description and may like to give a short talk in late
November (sometime during the week of the 26th) with several other
'alternative career professionals', please let me know and I would be happy
to discuss details with them further. Please note that the postdoc
association has very little funding at this point and is only able to
provide food and beverages for everyone during the meeting.
Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
cheers,
Clint

--
Dr. Clint J. Perry