[ASC-list] The changing role of the ASC President

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Mon Oct 29 09:37:33 UTC 2012

Dear David and Jesse

Thanks for the post about changes for ASC.

It would be interesting to see duty statements for the three key people: the Executive Officer, the proposed General Manager and the President.  How do you envisage they will carve up the responsibilities of running ASC?

Perhaps the president's role needs to be redefined in the constitution, as chair of a newly-formed ASC Board.  The Board, as you say, would have responsibility for the broad strategy, financial oversight and appointing people to executive positions.  The General Manager and Executive Officer manage the day-to-day affairs of ASC and providing advice to the Board.  Sometimes these boundaries can become blurred or ill-defined.

If you haven't considered the detail of some of these changes, perhaps the National Council might set up a small working party to look at the implications of the changes and how these need to be documented?

Toss

************
Toss Gascoigne and Associates
56 Vasey Cres