[ASC-list] AMWA talk on e-Publishing

L.E. Ohman leohman1 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 10 01:11:56 UTC 2012

Posted on behalf of the The Australasian Medical Writers Association

AMWA Vic presents Andrew Stammer, Director of CSIRO publishing

A scholarly publisher ponders the questions: print to e, paid versus free, monograph or tweet, it's all too hard and can I afford to retire?

Andrew will discuss the brave new world of e-publishing: trends, pros and cons and how it is changing the face of scholarly and lay publishing.

DATE:                    Tuesday 25 September 2012

TIME:                    6.30 pm

VENU:                   Embiggen Books 203, Lt Lonsdale St, Melbourne

COST:                    This is a free event

We will adjourn to a nearby restaurant for dinner and continued discussion after the talk. Please RSVP for the talk and let us know if you'd like to join us for dinner.

RSVP to L.E. Ohman pdp at medicalwriters.org or Jacinta membership at medicalwriters.org

Andrew Stammer (BSc, Dip Teaching) is Director of CSIRO PUBLISHING. He graduated from the University of Canterbury in 1981 and taught science for six years before changing his career to publishing. He has worked for Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, McGraw-Hill, Chapman & Hall and Thomson in various sales, marketing and editorial roles. Andrew joined the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) in 1997 and led CSIRO PUBLISHING’s journals team 2000 - 2011.