[ASC-list] National science prizes closing soon

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Wed Sep 12 23:56:58 UTC 2012

Dear ASCers,

It's science prize season: we've just celebrated three outstanding young women at the 6th L'Oréal Australia and New Zealand For Women in Science awards<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012#4>, and the Prime Minister's Science Prizes will be awarded next month.

There are a couple of big prizes, with a combined prize pool of $120,000, that close in September:

  *   the $25,000 Centenary Institute Lawrence Creative Prize for creative young researchers;<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012#1>
  *   the NSW Science and Engineering Awards,<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012#2> worth a total of $95,000, are awarded for cutting edge work which generates economic, health, environmental or technological benefits for New South Wales.
For more information about other prizes and awards for science in Australia, take a look at our prize calendar: www.scienceinpublic.com.au/prizes<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/prizes>.

Also, if you are in Melbourne on Monday 15 October, I'd like to invite you to come along to our Fresh Science at the pub event<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012#3>. The 2012 Fresh Science national finalists will reveal their discoveries using rhyme, reason, verse and the odd firework.
More details on all of the above in the full bulletin, which can be found here: http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012 <http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012#3>

Kind regards,<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
Niall<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
________<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
Niall Byrne<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
Creative Director<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
Science in Public <http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
82 Hudsons Road, (PO Box 2076) Spotswood VIC 3015
Phone: (03) 9398 1416<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
Mobile: 0417 131 977
niall at scienceinpublic.com.au<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/prizes-sept-2012>
Twitter scienceinpublic<mailto:niall at scienceinpublic.com.au>