[ASC-list] Industrial History Walk

John August john.august at mail.optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 14 07:37:14 UTC 2012

Engineering Heritage tour and Freedom Trail - Sydney

On the 30th of this month, in conjunction with the Humanist Society of
NSW, I'll be running a walking tour including elements of Sydney's
engineering and industrial heritage, and also the NSW Rationalists'
"Freedom Trail".

The trail includes such landmarks as the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Hyde
Park Obelisk, Central Station, and also an historical example of a hoist
driven by compressed water.  It also includes historical sites, such as
the place where the "Anti Transportation League" stopped a convict ship
from berthing, and the church where the stonemasons went on strike,
marking the origin of our "8 hour day".

We'll meet at the Western Entrance of the Inter-City train terminal at
Central Station - the entrance to the large hall closet to the taxi rank
- at 10.30 am on Sunday the 30th of September.  The charge is $5; my
mobile is 0419 683 353.

--
   Harry Hooton : "We are keeping machines out of a job"

John August, President, NSW Humanists - www.hsnsw.asn.au
	     Convener The Sydney Shove - www.sydneyshove.org
	     Secular Party Candidate, Wentworth 2010 - www.secular.org.au