[ASC-list] Technology in a world of limited resources

Bianca Nogrady bianca at biancanogrady.com
Tue Sep 18 01:41:48 UTC 2012

Hi all

I'm researching how technology and our use of it might change when we hit
the peak points of the minerals and metals that are essential - oil, zinc,
copper, silver, gold, palladium etc. Unfortunately, web searching 'future
trends in technology' seems to find lots of articles about whizzbang
exciting Star Trek stuff that pays no heed to the looming problem of
dwindling resources.

Can anyone suggest any articles/publications/experts that might be able to
help me speculate about technology in a resource-limited (and not
necessarily resource-efficient world)?

Thanks

Bianca

*Freelance science journalist, author and broadcaster*
www.biancanogrady.com

*The Sixth Wave**: How to Succeed in a Resource-Limited World (Random House
Australia, 2010)*
www.sixthwave.org

ph: +612 4787 9158  m: 0411 420 913
Blackheath, Australia.