[ASC-list] Brisbane COMMUNICATING WATER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COURSE

Jayne Keane jayne.keane at qm.qld.gov.au
Thu Apr 4 00:33:23 UTC 2013

COMMUNICATING WATER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COURSE

Brisbane, 20 - 22 May 2013

Registrations now open - early bird rate closes 8 April 2013

This three-day course is designed to inform educators, communicators and community consultants about water science including how to present it to lay people in a way that captures their attention and is easily understood. It will help those with a responsibility to interact with and guide the community, at all levels, to provide information simple enough to understand, yet technical enough to trust.

Who should attend - You will find this course relevant if you are:

■a community consultant, stakeholder manager, communicator or journalist concerned with water issues;

■a teacher, lecturer or tour group leader;

■a water education officer in local or state government;

■involved with land, coast or catchment care; or

■a water professional with a need to explain the urban water cycle to the lay community.

Course Testimonials - The following are feedback excerpts from previous attendees:

"I would recommend this course to my colleagues, especially for water industry knowledge and networking with other communicators within the water industry" - Kirsty, Unitywater

"Loved the great sense of sharing of ideas and resources, so much really good info" - Kim, Port Macquarie Hastings Council

"I would recommend this course to my colleagues, [I found it] useful for understanding other elements of the water cycle" - Amy, Gold Coast City Council

"[It was] good to have a small group. Really lovely, approachable presenters" - Anon

"Wealth of knowledge. Very committed. Very friendly presenters and course providers. Appreciate your hard work...and focus to get 'water' on the radar" - Jude, Tweed Shire Council

Early bird rate $1,700 (plus GST $170) closes 8 April 2013. (A further 5% discount applies for three or more delegates from the same organisation).

Register here, visit www.smartwaterresearchcentre.com or email m.harlow at griffith.edu.au for more information.

Regards

Jayne Keane

Manager, Inspiring Australia (Qld)

http://inspiringaustralia.wordpress.com/

******************* Disclaimer *******************
The contents of this electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information.
They may only be used for the purposes for which they were supplied.
If you are not the addressee, you are notified that any transmission, distribution, downloading, printing or photocopying of the contents of this message
or attachments is strictly prohibited.
The privilege of confidentiality attached to this message and attachments is not waived, lost or destroyed by reason of mistaken delivery to you.
If you receive this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or telephone.
Please note: the Queensland Museum carries out automatic software scanning, filtering and blocking of E-mails and
attachments (including emails of a personal nature) for detection of viruses, malicious code, SPAM, executable programs or content it deems unacceptable.
All reasonable precautions will be taken to respect the privacy of individuals as outlined in the QM Privacy Plan.
Personal information will only be used for official purposes, e.g. monitoring Departmental Personnel's compliance with Museum Policies.
Personal information will not be divulged or disclosed to others, unless as required by Museum Policy and/or State or Commonwealth Law.