[ASC-list] Online event registration websites - thoughts on the best?

Ian M. ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 23:08:14 UTC 2013

Hi ASCers,

This is both a question from a job perspective and for organising ASC events.

I wanted to hear peoples thoughts on which they think are the best (and free) websites to use for event registration. Realising that many organisations have there own registration systems.

I have had experience with using Eventbrite, which is free, very user friendly and has a lot of advantages but one fault I have noticed is that there isn't an easy way of cancelling your ticket. You either need to email the contact (which many people don't) or set up a log in for the Eventbrite website and delete your ticker that way (which people also won't do). Essentially its easier just not to show up.

Does anyone have any ideas on a system/website which does allow for easy cancellation of your tickets? and is also user friendly for the organiser and the attendee?

Any feedback is welcome? Feel free just to email me privately if you don't want to reply all.

I look forward to the response
Ian

Dr Ian McDonald
Freelance Science Writer and Presenter