[ASC-list] Peter Pockley

David Ellyard david at davidellyard.com
Mon Aug 12 05:44:02 UTC 2013

I am very sad to hear this. "Pockers" got me into science communication when
he brought me (and Robyn Williams) late in 1972 into the ABC Radio Science
Unit to cover the last mission of the Apollo program. A  very early memory
was joining him and Jenny at their house in Glebe to watch the "Its Time"
election. Peter soon moved into other things but his influence on me was
profound. I am pleased to remember that with my encouragement he was made a
Life Member of the ASC some years ago. A genuine pioneer and a mentor to so
many.

David Ellyard.