[ASC-list] ASC2014 Super Earlybird Registrations for a limited time

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 02:32:22 UTC 2013

Good afternoon ASC-listers,

The email below went out this morning announcing that Super Earlybird
Registrations for the ASC National Conference are now open.

We are excited to welcome you to register and jump on board with this
event. Naturally there is still a lot more to come and I, the Conference
Committee and the National Executive look forward to further collaborating
with and beyond the ASC community to build a great conference.

Kind regards,
Claire
ASC A/President

    <http://dynamail.entegy.com.au/ch/1693/2dvjhkv/1979949/ece7c6sk9.html>

*AUSTRALIAN SCIENCE COMMUNICATORS*

* NATIONAL **CONFERENCE 2014*

*INSIGHT | IMPACT | INNOVATION*

Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

2-5 February 2014

www.ascconference.asn.au<http://dynamail.entegy.com.au/ch/1693/2dvjhkv/1979949/ece7c6sk9-1.html>

SUPER EARLYBIRD REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

It is with great pleasure that we announce the release of the super
earlybird registrations for the *Australian Science Communicators National
Conference **2014 (ASC2014)*, to be held at the Brisbane Convention and
Exhibition Centre, 2-5 February, 2014.

Super Earlybird registrations will only be available until 1 September
2013! Registrations start from $380.00! Don't miss out on the BEST
registration rates for the ASC2014 Conference.

<http://dynamail.entegy.com.au/ch/1693/2dvjhkv/1979932/ece7c9981.html>

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - COMING SOON

The Australian Science Communicators National Conference Committee invites
you to present a paper or submit a proposal to produce a session at the
conference.  Call for Abstracts will be open soon and the Abstract
guidelines will shortly be available for download from the conference
website.
*
INSIGHT - IMPACT - INNOVATION*

   1.

   Insight – how can we get better insight into audiences, stakeholders and
   wider contexts?
   2.

   Impact – how do we know we are making a difference?
   3.

   Innovation – how do we do things differently?
   *
   *

KEYNOTE ANNOUNCEMENT:*
*

It is with great pleasure that we announce our first inspirational Keynote
for 2014: Mr. Drew Berry.

Drew Berry is a biologist-animator whose scientifically accurate and
aesthetically rich visualisations reveal cellular and molecular processes
for a wide range of audiences. Trained as a cell biologist and microscopist
Drew brings a rigorous scientific approach to each project, immersing
himself in relevant research to ensure current data are represented. Drew
received B.Sc. (1993) and M.Sc. (1995) degrees from the University of
Melbourne. Since 1995, he has been a biomedical animator at the Walter and
Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research. His animations have exhibited at
venues such as the Guggenheim Museum, MoMA, the Royal Institute of Great
Britain and the University of Geneva. In 2010 he received a MacArthur
Fellowship “Genius Award”.

For more information on Drew, please visit either the WEHI animation
page<http://dynamail.entegy.com.au/ch/1693/2dvjhkv/1979966/ece7ckgsg.html>
or
wikipedia page<http://dynamail.entegy.com.au/ch/1693/2dvjhkv/1979967/ece7cp85x.html>.

**More Keynote announcements coming soon.

Kind Regards

* *
 *Kiri Middleton*

*Logistic Manager - Events
*

------------------------------

*
ASC2014 Conference Office
*Eventcorp Pty Ltd
T: 07 3334 4400
F: 07 3334 4499
E: asc2014 at eventcorp.com.au

View Online<http://dynamail.entegy.com.au/ch/1693/2dvjhkv/317067/ece7c100q0.html>

 This email was sent by ASC 2014Conference Office, PO Box 3973, South
Brisbane QLD 4101 to claireharris.oz at gmail.com

Edit my Profile<http://dynamail.entegy.com.au/forms/e/bce738f/1693/1782528910.html>|

  <http://www.entegy.com.au>