[ASC-list] Spin doctors: Identifying and treating human balance disorders (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 07:23:39 UTC 2013

Dear ASCers,

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available:

"Spin doctors: Identifying and treating human balance disorders"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/261-spin-doctors-identifying-and-treating-human-balance-disorders

Neurologist Dr David Szmulewicz describes the human balance system, and
what’s going on in our brains and ears when we experience vertigo.
Presented by Dr Shane Huntington.

“Some patients find it quite perplexing that we don't look into their ear.
We actually look into their eyes. The important thing here is that the
vestibular system has significant input into vision.” -- Dr David Szmulewicz

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani

--