[ASC-list] SCOM BOMB - Measuring measurement

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 5 03:42:10 UTC 2013

But when is ‘right now’!?

I’m so confusion!

Maybe we need to do a SCOM BOMB on time communication next year...

On 5 Dec 2013, at 2:20 pm, Will Grant <will.grant at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> Why are statistics? When is measures? Who can comparisons?
>
> Measurement is crucial to science, but it’s not necessarily as accurate as we all might hope it to be… This afternoon in SCOM BOMB Rod and I are joined by David Lovell, CSIRO bioinformatician to explore the squishy ways measurement and science and science communication interact.
>
> 3pm AEDT, or in about 40 minutes if you read this email right now.
>
> Watch at http://nofunnybusiness.net/2013/12/scom-bomb-measuring-measurement/
>
> Dr Will J Grant
> Graduate Studies Convener | Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
> The Australian National University | Physics Link Building, Building 38A | Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
> e: will.grant at anu.edu.au | p: +61 2 6125 0241 | f: +61 2 6125 8991
> calendar | twitter | skype: WillJ99 | web
> Cricos Provider# 00120C

Dr RG Lamberts

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)
A Centre for the National Commission of UNESCO

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991