[ASC-list] ASC2014 "SPECTRUM" Science-Art exhibition!
medipicsandprose at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 02:28:09 UTC 2013
Call for submissions
From artwork to illustration to diagrams, visuals play a significant role in science communication.
This year we will be hosting yet another science art exhibition “SPECTRUM” to explore the range of art inspired by science vs science communication enhanced by artists' tools.
If you would like to submit a piece (or several) for consideration in the exhibition, here’s how:
1) Head to the speaker’s registration portal http://bit.ly/ASC2014-submit
2) Register as a new user if you have not yet registered as a speaker and/or head to the “Submit Abstract” tab to upload your description and image(s).
3) Select the Sci-Art category and appropriate sub-category for your entry:
a) Artwork inspired by science
b) Science communication piece that uses artists’ tools
4) To accompany each image, upload a blurb (word format with filename as surname_imagenumber.doc) with the following info:
Name of the piece and attribution to the author (please note in order to submit, you do not need to be the sole creator but you will need to be able to represent the piece by potentially participating in the visual fast forward session)
Name of person submitting and contact email
Type of entry according to its primary purpose: art or science communication
A brief description of what the piece is, how it was created, what was the impact and audience, how it was used.
Regarding copyright, please note: by uploading image(s) for possible inclusion in the ASC “SPECTRUM” Science-Art exhibition you retain copyright, however ASC may use the image(s) in the future for purposes related to the promotion of ASC and its events such as an online gallery. Please email asc2014 at eventcorp.com.au if you do not wish your images to be available for ASC.
5) You will need to upload TWO images:
1) Image thumbnail (.JPG and max 1MB) for online viewing only
2) High res image for printing (.JPG, 300dpi, CMYK, A4 and max 10MB)
6) You will need to bring your printed artwork (no larger than A3) to the conference to be mounted with velcro dots (provided) on exhibition poster boards.
7) There will be prizes awarded (allocated judging panel and people’s choice) as well as a chance for publication in COSMOS magazine.
Your artwork will be on display during the conference, and selected entrants will have a chance to share their work with the entire audience in one minute and with one slide in one of the Visual Fast Forward sessions. Selected entries will be notified by email by 20 January.
Submission deadline: 31 December 2013
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact exhibition organiser Kate Patterson at k.patterson at garvan.org.au
Email: medipicsandprose at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list