[ASC-list] RiAus book club online- #Scibook chats

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Tue Dec 10 04:31:18 UTC 2013

Hi ASCers

Flagging up a new project we're starting in 2014.  Inspired by the success of other online discussions through twitter such as #onsci<https://twitter.com/onsci>, RiAus book club in 2014 will be going online! We'll continue our bi-monthly meetings at The Science Exchange in Adelaide, but we'd love to bring these discussions to book lovers across Australia (and the world!)

We're teaming up with George Aranda (@popsciguyoz<http://twitter.com/popsciguyoz>) from Deakin University, who runs the Science book a day blog<http://sciencebookaday.wordpress.com/>; to host an online twitter book discussion on the first Monday of the month.

To join in....

  1.  Have a twitter account<http://twitter.com>
  2.  follow @scibookchat<http://twitter.com/scibookchat> and the hashtag #scibook for announcements on the upcoming book selections (we'll announce selections well in advance)
  3.  be ready for the discussion at 8.30pm AEDT on the first Monday of the month.

Follow @RiAus<http://twitter.com/Ri_Aus> and @scibookchat<http://twitter.com/scibookchat> for information on the upcoming chats.

Our first #scibook discussion will take place on Monday 6 January, and we'll be discussing Daniel Gilbert's Stumbling on happiness.
Hope to see you then,

Lisa Bailey (@lisushi<http://www.twitter.com/lisushi>)
Programs Manager, RiAus