[ASC-list] ACT ASC branch in 2014

Ian McDonald ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 21 04:27:35 UTC 2013

Dear all,

The ACT branch held its AGM last Thursday and thanks to all those who
attended or sent in proxy votes.

I am pleased to announce our committee members for 2014.

*  President - Ian McDonald (Research Communications Officer, Alzheimer's
Australia)

*  Treasurer - Carmel Geier (Communications Advisor, Web Team, CSIRO)

*  National Liaison Officer - Merry McKinnon (Research Fellow, CPAS, ANU)

*  Secretary - Phil Dooley (Freelance Writer)

*  Marketing Officer - position absent

*  Digital Media Officer - Amy Dobos (Science Communication and Events
Officer, IAE, UC)

*  Social Media Officer - Anh Nguyen (Inspiring Australia ACT Officer)

*  Student Liaison Officer - Jarrod Green (PhD Student, CPAS, ANU)

We look forward to providing some unique and interesting events in 2014 and
always welcome member feedback from around the country.

Feel free to email myself, other members or our branch email
asccanberra at gmail.com <mailto:asccanberra at gmail.com>

More information about our branch can be found here -
http://www.asc.asn.au/state-and-national/act/ along with the 2013
President's Report.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Hopefully see many of you at the ASC conference in February 2014.

Ian

ACT ASC branch President

Dr Ian McDonald

Science Writer and Presenter