[ASC-list] Job vacancy: Writer / Communications Consultant at the Center for International Forestry Research
kovamic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 04:55:51 UTC 2013
*The Center for International Forestry Research* (CIFOR) advances human
wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to
inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries.
We are one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International
Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia,
and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
*CIFOR is seeking a Writer / Communications Consultant*
Reporting to the Outreach Manager, the Writer / Communications Specialist
will develop, write and edit content for CIFOR's Forests News
publications, website <http://www.cifor.org/> and other outlets in support
of CIFOR's global knowledge-sharing strategy. The material will be used to
raise awareness worldwide about CIFOR's latest research on forests, climate
change, deforestation, biofuels and other related topics.
- Write articles, online briefings, press releases and other material
for a general audience based on CIFOR's ongoing research.
- Write speeches and op-eds for CIFOR's Director General and others.
- Travel to conferences and the field worldwide to produce multimedia
- Provide general writing and editing services and assist with other
general communication tasks.
*Education, experience and technical skills*
- Be a world-class writer of English with a proven track of excellence;
- Preferably, with at least five years professional experience;
- Degree in a related discipline;
- Fluency in English. Other major languages are an asset.
*Personal attributes and competencies*
- Ability to multitask and work well in a high-pressure team environment.
- Have initiative and is capable of working independently as well as an
effective team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to
effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural
*Terms and Condition:*
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and
- The appointment will be for a period of 10 months.
- The application deadline is 28 February 2013.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only
Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information
for three referees to:
*Human Resources Department, CIFOR*
cifor-hr-jobs at cgiar.org
Please indicate the position in the email subject line.
More information at: www.cifor.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list