[ASC-list] Job vacancy: Events / Communications Expert

Michelle Kovacevic kovamic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:22:01 UTC 2013

More information at: http://www.cifor.org/about-us/careers-with-cifor/

*The Center for International Forestry Research* advances human wellbeing,
environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform
policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are
one of 15 centres within the Consultative Group on International
Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia,
and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.

*CIFOR is seeking a **Events **/ Communications Expert***

Reporting to the Outreach Manager, the Events / Communications Expert will
take the lead in arranging a series of events worldwide from VIP luncheons
to major international conferences that are to be held as part of CIFOR’s
20th Anniversary celebrations.

*Key responsibilities/tasks:*

   - Write concept notes for each of the events;
   - Liaise with CIFOR’s scientists to identify speakers and VIP
   participants;
   - Take the lead in drafting and handling all invitations;
   - Draft text for CIFOR’s website for each of the events and ensure web
   pages are constantly updated;
   - Work very closely with CIFOR’s Events Coordinator, who is responsible
   for all logistical arrangements for the events;
   - Travel to conferences worldwide to ensure successful implementation;
   - Provide other general communication tasks as requested.

*Requirements:*

   - Have experience arranging events;
   - Have at least two years experience in professional writing;
   - Degree in a related discipline;
   - Ability to multitask and work well in a high-pressure, team
   environment;
   - Fluency in English. Other major languages an asset.

*Terms and Condition:*

   - The Events / Communications Expert is a national recruited position,
   based in Bogor, Indonesia.
   - CIFOR offers a competitive remuneration and will be commensurate with
   skills and experience.
   - The appointment will be for a period of one year from the date of
   appointment**

*Applications process*

   - The application deadline is 15 March 2013.
   - We will acknowledge all applications, but we will contact only
   short-listed candidates.

Please send your letter of interest and CV, including contact information
for three referees to:

*Human Resources Department, CIFOR*
cifor-hr-jobs at cgiar.org
Please indicate the position in the email subject line.