[ASC-list] Nominate the heroes and emerging leaders of science for the Prime Minister’s Prizes; and we need your Fresh young scientists

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Thu Feb 21 00:09:22 UTC 2013

Dear ASCers,

Help us identify leading young scientists with a discovery for Fresh Science.

And for research leaders and outstanding teachers, there are the $500,000 Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science.

Here are the highlights from my latest bulletin with prizes, jobs and events for the science community. If you’d like to sign up – please drop me a note on niall at scienceinpublic.com.au<mailto:niall at scienceinpublic.com.au>

In this bulletin:

·         Help us identify exceptional scientists and the emerging leaders of Australian science: nominations are now open for the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science

·         Giving more young scientists and students a taste of the media than ever before through Fresh Science

·         EMBL Australia looking for three young bioinformatics leaders

·         Coming up: nominations open soon for the L’Oréal For Women in Science Fellowship and the CSL Florey Medal

·         And nominations are now open for the 2013 Premier's Award for Health and Medical Research, the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes and the Australian Academy of Science prizes

·         Global health and the end of poverty: the 2013 Graeme Clark Oration

It’s a big bulletin, so for all the details head to http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/bulletins/scienceprizefeb.

Kind regards,

Niall

________

Niall Byrne

Creative Director
Science in Public

82 Hudsons Road, Spotswood  Vic  3015
(PO Box 2076 Spotswood VIC 3015)
03 9398-1416, 03 9078-5398, 0417 131 977

Twitter scienceinpublic
www.scienceinpublic.com.au<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/>