[ASC-list] Grump Old Communicators [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Clare Mullen C.Mullen at bom.gov.au
Sat Feb 23 01:00:25 UTC 2013

LOL !!!
From: asc-list-bounces at lists.asc.asn.au [asc-list-bounces at lists.asc.asn.au] On Behalf Of JCribb [jcribb at work.netspeed.com.au]
Sent: Saturday, 23 February 2013 11:33 AM
To: 'Jenni Metcalfe'
Cc: asc-list at lists.asc.asn.au
Subject: [ASC-list] Grump Old Communicators

I too confess to being a Grumpy Old Communicator, and to ruthlessly editing the ‘s’ off documents written by scientists and other bureaucrats unfamiliar with the English tongue.

But then Wendy and I are old school chums, so to speak.

I hereby propose we form a seditious group within ASC, known as the GOCs, where we can share pet hates (such as acronyms!). Who knows, it may one day make an amusing guide for those who come after and who, thanks to a crumbling education system, know no better...

Cheers

Jules

Julian Cribb FTSE
Julian Cribb & Associates