[ASC-list] reminder: free Adelaide WatchParty for ScienceOnline 2013

Sarah Keenihan sarahkeenihan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:30:51 UTC 2013

Hello everyone, and happy new year.

I'd like to remind people who will be in Adelaide Feb 2-3 2013 that we are hosting a 'Watch Party' which will feature 4 selected sessions from the ScienceOnline 2013 conference.

It's free!

The sessions are as follows:

Saturday, 2nd February
	• 4:00 -5:30 pm: Session 1a - Why won't the science deficit model die? (see here for more info)
	• 5:30 - 7:00 pm Session 1b: Persuading the unpersuadable - communicating science to deniers, cynics and trolls (see here for more info)

Sunday, 3rd February
	• 10:00 - 11:30 am: Session 2a:  We are who we are? Who are we? Issues of identity and the internet (see here for more info)
	• 11:30am - 1:00 pm: Session 2b: Life in the venn - What happens when you're forced to wear many hats? (see here for more info)

In addition to the session viewing, we're providing 'breakout' times so that the attending Adelaide audience can digest and discuss the content that is presented. We'll summarise our thoughts and feed them back into the global conversations which emerge from the conference.

Hope to see you there!

To book, see here: http://scio13adl.eventbrite.com

Best wishes,
Sarah Keenihan, with Heather Bray and Kristin Alford

Sarah Keenihan
PhD | BMedSci | GradDipSciComm

Reading, writing and interpreting science. And other stuff.

0419 976 834 | @sciencesarah | http://sciencesarah.wordpress.com/

Special Project: Science For Life.365
http://scienceforlife365.wordpress.com | http://www.facebook.com/scienceforlife365