[ASC-list] ACT Social event: JULY 21 - Trivia and drinks for Approximate* Pi Approximation Day!

ASC ACT Branch asccanberra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 00:00:28 UTC 2013

**

 ASC ACT Branch is celebrating Pi Approximation day, so come and join us
for trivia and maths fun at *The Duxton! on Sunday* *July 21 from 4.30 pm
to 6:30 pm*
* *
Proudly presented by David Shaw and Zaiga Thomann. Our third social event
of the year is an opportunity for ASC members to meet, mingle and pi-que
their interest in the amazing world of maths.

Free and all welcome. Members, family, friends.  Bring a whole team or come
by yourself and join in on the night.  (Please RSVP via link below to
guarantee your place.)

*Members will receive a complementary beer, cider, wine or soft drink at
the bar.*

*Members door prize (bar tab) will also be drawn on the night.*

David and Zaiga will be spinning a fruity mix of pi-based (sometimes but
not always maths related) trivia; these guys don’t mince their words when
talking about pi! Join them for entertainment and trivia with prizes.

   - *When:* Sunday, July 21, 2013
   - *Time:* Arrive from 4pm, trivia from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
    - *Where:* The Loft at Duxton, O’Connor Shops, Macpherson St
    - *Cost:* FREE. Snacks, tapas, dinner, drinks and cocktails available
   for purchase at the bar.
   - *RSVP: **www.ascpinight.eventbrite.com.au*<http://www.ascpinight.eventbrite.com.au/>
(venue
   suits approx. 50)

*Usually we celebrate Pi (= 3.141) Approximation Day on the traditional
date of 22/7 (= 3.142…). However this year we are hosting the event on
Sunday 21/7 (=3) leaving Monday free for geometry and other recreational or
work related activities

We hope you can make it,

*ASC Canberra Committee*
Our ASC profile <http://www.asc.asn.au/state-and-national/act/%20>