[ASC-list] Fwd: Survey for science journalists: outcomes!

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Fri Jul 12 14:12:38 UTC 2013

Forwarded for those interested in the debate between independent science
journalism and science pr.

A few months ago we called in your help to invite science journalists
to complete an online survey in the run-up to the 2013 World
Conference of Science Journalists in Finland. The survey and a debate
in Helsinki dealt with the 'blurring lines' between independent
science journalism and science pr.

Thanks for your help: our call attracted more than 400 responses from
all over the globe, which makes this survey unique. A few of the
results were debated in Helsinki, but now the first batch of full
outcomes has come available at a dedicated website:

http://www.blurringlines.org.

More will follow in the near future.

Please feel free to distribute a link to these results and to
encourage members of Australian Science Communicators or other
science journalists in Australia to participate in the ongoing
 (online) discussion!

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Peter Vermij, Hans van Maanen