[ASC-list] Changing future

Glenn Conroy glenn1231946 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:19:48 UTC 2013

Malala Day

 Here's the thing about the future, it changes, when you look at it, it
changes.

 The future for almost 60 million young boys and girls on the Planet who
currently are prevented from going to school changed today due to a single
girl's voice.

 Join Malala and raise your hand

Today is Malala's 16th birthday and she just addressed a special UN General
Assembly with its first Youth Congress. I was inspired watching it just now
at home in Canberra. The Taliban did not want Malala in Pakistan to reach
her 16th birthday so they shot her in the head last year.

 Malala lives. Her speech says she does not hate the Taliban and wishes for
the Taliban's children an education denied by terrorism and too many other
disasters to almost 60 million young boys and girls. The real disaster is
these too many young boys and girls and girls not going to school - no much
at stake just humanity's future!

 Education First is the UN's Millennium Objective (part of a 900 year plan)
that by the end of 2015 (less than 2 years) that these almost 60 million
young boys and girls will be in school receiving their basic human right to
education.

 Malala said to the UN General Assembly that not only is education a
child's basic human right it is their duty and responsibility to receive an
education. As science communicators we can help everyone to reach this
lofty goal.

 I request that everyone reading this go to this link:

 http://www.plan.org.au/en/News/2013/07/11/Malala-Day.aspx

At tonight's special Youth Assembly at the UN General Assembly was
aPlan-supported youth delegation from over 15 countries who came
together to
call for urgent prioritisation of education in all countries, especially
those failing Sovereign states, across the globe.

Malala raises her hand in support of Plan's 'Because I am a Girl' campaign.
I too raise my hand. Will you raise your hand, for Malala, for all of us?

I sincerely, most sincerely, hope so for the 60 million young boys and
young girls, for the future of Humanity!

Malala has already shown her support for Plan’s raise your hand campaign to
prioritise girls’ education. Join Malala and raise your hand now.

Plan’s and our goal is to reach 1 million hands, which will be presented to
the UN Secretary General calling for action.

*Follow @PlanAustralia on Twitter to find out more and get involved.*

That is my wish as a fellow science communicator.*
*

Glenn Conroy

Raising My Hand

Canberra