[ASC-list] Pregnancy 2.0: The lingering effects of modern reproductive technologies (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 02:45:21 UTC 2013

Dear ASCers,

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available.

"Pregnancy 2.0: The lingering effects of modern reproductive technologies"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/255-pregnancy-20-lingering-effects-modern-reproductive-technologies

Reproductive biologist Dr Mark Green discusses early embryo development and
how a range of environmental factors such as  IVF, nutrition and chemicals
can have lasting effects on health of the organism. Presented by Dr Dyani
Lewis.

"It's all to do potentially around the epigenetics, and gene expression,
and subtle changes on the DNA of the timing. If we upset the timing and
then the type of genes that are being turned on, then that can have a long
term influence on organ development, for example." -- Dr Mark Green

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani

--