[ASC-list] Another opinion into the mix

Susan Kirk skirk at iprimus.com.au
Thu Jul 18 00:05:18 UTC 2013

Sarah wrote:

> But wait, there's more....
> I just read this article after a twitter link posted by Bora Zivkovic.
> Interesting to see how the author Jack Chafer weaves journalism into the
> history of the USA, and argues the case that we need partisan journalism. Lots
> of links to breaking science stories in here too.
>
> http://blogs.reuters.com/jackshafer/2013/07/16/from-tom-paine-to-glenn-greenwa
> ld-we-need-partisan-journalism/
>
> Too much reading, so little time

Interesting.  Is partisan more noble than bias?  Will it avoid contempt or
expulsion from the journalist's unions? Does bias make a journalist ask the
right questions?

But really, isn't partisan journalism one and the same as investigative
journalism?

So many questions...so little time

Susan Fairbairn (nee Kirk)   B.comm  freelance Journalist
Member and Queensland Web Editor -  Australian Science Communicators (ASC)
Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance (MEAA)
tel: +61 7 5478 6761 | mobile: 0423342867 | email: susan at susankirk.com.au
www.susankirk.com.au |  Skype: susanakirk | Tweet: @SusanAKirk
Facebook group: Plant Power

³If you don¹t ask the right questions you won¹t get the right answers.²