[ASC-list] More science in the news petition

Melanie McKenzie melaniemck at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 22 01:38:20 UTC 2013

Hi All,
Would you like to hear more science in the news? According to a recent ANUpoll (http://www.anu.edu.au/anupoll/images/uploads/ANUpoll_on_science.pdf), Australians are more interested in a variety of science topics over politics or sport. And yet 45% feel "not very well informed" or "not informed at all" about science.

Please support our petition to lobby Triple J (as Australia's publicly owned youth radio station) to include a short "In Science" report in their hourly news updates.

To sign the petition:
http://chn.ge/127YakM

For more information about the campaign:
http://www.andinscience.com

We're aiming for 20, 000 signatures, so we'd be most grateful if you'd ask your friends and colleagues to consider signing the petition. International supporters are also welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Melanie McKenzie (Science Communicator)
and the rest of the "And In Science" team