[ASC-list] More science in the news petition

Tamzin Byrne tamzin at scienceinpublic.com.au
Mon Jul 22 02:15:20 UTC 2013

And for their first story - 20 seconds on why we should all eat our greens?

I'm not sure a petition is the way to go. They shouldn't be obliged to cover science - it's our job as science communicators to persuade them to, with interesting stories which are relevant to their audience. How many science releases have a youth angle?

Plus - Hack seems to do a pretty decent job covering science. I can't claim to have listened recently, but in their online story archive at http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hack/stories/ I count 10 out of 20 stories with a science/health/environment link.

Tamz
________
Tamzin Byrne
Science Communicator