[ASC-list] ASC National President role

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 03:14:46 UTC 2013

Dear ASC-listers,
You may have seen the email Rod Lamberts sent to the list on 9th July
announcing that he has decided to step down as ASC President.

The Executive understands Rod’s reluctant decision and wishes him the best.
We thank him for his leadership and enthusiasm to date. We are pleased that
Rod has agreed to stay on the Executive team, attending meetings when he
can.

After discussion with the Executive and the National Council, I have agreed
to take on the role of Acting President until the AGM.

Workloads will be shared with the Executive and especially with Vice
President Will Grant. Due to this shift in positions, we now have a vacant
Vice President position and will seek to fill it soon.

With a few very important 'irons in the fire' - including the journey of
exploring professionalisation, supporting ongoing implementation of the
Inspiring Australia strategy and preparing for the National Conference in
Brisbane in February 2014 (AND celebrating 20 years of the association in
2014) - the ASC is an exciting place to be.

As always, your reflections on the ASC and how it is supporting or could
better support its members are always welcome.

Kind regards,
Claire

--
Claire Harris