[ASC-list] Vic: Employment opportunity at Scienceworks
niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Tue Jul 23 05:10:15 UTC 2013
Posted on behalf of our friends at Scienceworks
Programs Co-ordinator, Physical Sciences
· Your chance to deliver innovative programs that inspire teachers and students
· Based at the Scienceworks Museum and close to public transport
· Rewarding and Innovative culture that strives to be Australia's leading sciences educator
The Scienceworks Museum is seeking a physicist/physics educator to develop and deliver innovative programs that will excite and inspire teachers and their students.
Do you have?
ü A passion for physics education and science communication.
ü Experience in communicating physical sciences to diverse audiences.
ü Excellent writing skills.
ü Experience in the use of digital education.
ü Great education networks.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Physical Sciences Programs Coordinator will be responsible for the following...
· Manage program production and delivery in the High Voltage Theatre (Lightning Room)
· Liaise and network with other educators, professional associations and tertiary partners
· Work with a team of educators across Museum Victoria's venues to deliver innovative education programs on-site, off-site and online
· Provide expert advice to Museum Victoria staff about physics education and the latest trends in educational theory
· Work on exhibition development teams, providing educational expertise
· Attend and present at education conferences, seminars and webinars
This is a full time and ongoing position and the salary on offer is $70,281 + 9% Superannuation. The anticipated start date is ASAP or as negotiated with the successful applicant.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for this exciting opportunity, you must provide the following ...
1. An outline of your educational philosophy and motivation for applying for this position (approx ½ a page)
2. An example (or examples) of written curriculum resources and/or links to any blogs or online publications you have written, or equivalent.
3. Responses to the key selection criteria.
4. Your CV.
To view the position description, search 'employment' at www.museumvictoria.com.au<http://www.museumvictoria.com.au>; for more information about this position, please contact Pennie Stoyals on (03) 9392 4830.
To submit your application, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/
Applications Close: Tuesday, 13 August 2013
Education and Community Programs Manager
2 Booker Street
Ph: 03 9392 4830
Fax: 03 9391 0100
pstoyles at museum.vic.gov.au<mailto:pstoyles at museum.vic.gov.au>
Museums Board of Victoria ABN 63 640 679 155 is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient.
All gifts of $2 or more are tax deductible.
Melbourne Museum, winner of the Victorian Tourism Awards for Best Major Tourist Attraction in 2010,2011,2012 and Australian winner in 2011.
This e-mail is solely for the named addressee and may be confidential. You should only read, disclose, transmit, copy, distribute, act in reliance on or commercialise the contents if you are authorised to do so. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify postmaster at museum.vic.gov.au<mailto:npostmaster at museum.vic.gov.au> by email immediately, or notify the sender and then destroy any copy of this message. Views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender, except where specifically stated to be those of an officer of Museum Victoria. Museum Victoria does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free from errors, virus or interference.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list