[ASC-list] Your Heart Beat = Music - Albury Wodonga event

Derek Williamson derek.williamson at unsw.edu.au
Mon Jul 29 00:46:50 UTC 2013

Your Heart Beat = Music]

Tuesday July 30th we will be beaming to and from the Albury Rural Clinical School Campus

A heart will beat more than 3 BILLION times in a lifetime - mostly those beats are ignored. Maybe you will notice the beats as you fall in love, or stand at the edge of the bungy bridge. Maybe you will listen when your cardiologist explains why you need to be careful.

The UNSW Museum of Human Disease along with our supporters have decided to make it easy to think about your heart beat.

Across Australia musician Simon Barker and others will improvise their music to the sounds of heart beats. iHeart Music is a National Science Week event (August 9-18) which involves recording audience heart beats at venues across Australia, playing the recordings to Musicians here at The Museum of Human Disease at UNSW - who improvise tunes which are live streamed via video conference or web streaming back to the original venue.