[ASC-list] NSW Astronomy Talk " Death from the Skies" Saturday 10 August 5pm-7:30pm at Sydney Observatory

Kreuiter, Allan AllanK at PHM.GOV.AU
Tue Jul 30 00:02:09 UTC 2013

Death from the Skies
by Phil Plait

presented by Sydney Observatory

Death from the Skies by Phil Plait
Saturday 10 August, 2013
5pm - 7:30pm
Dr Phil Plait, the engaging scientist behind the hugely popular website www.badastronomy.com will present a witty and entraining family oriented talk on all the bizarre ways the world may come to an end! From planet swallowing black holes to rogue asteroids this is your opportunity to discover the real odds of us being wiped out by our violent Universe. We are sure even the most science phobic will love this rare opportunity to meet a real astronomical celebrity. The evening starts at Fort Street School at 5pm for the talk. Make sure you arrive 10 minutes early to be seated. Afterwards, weather permitting, enjoy views of Saturn through Sydney Observatory telescopes until 7.30pm.

Cost: $18 adult, $12 child (4 to 16 years), $14 concession, $50 family of four.
Powerhouse Members: $16 adult, $11 child (4 to 16 years), $43 family

Bookings and pre-payments are essential and can be made online at www.sydneyobservatory.com or by telephone 02 9921 3485

[cid:obsemailfooter1921ed3]Allan Kreuiter
Assistant Education Officer,
Sydney Observatory
Powerhouse Museum
T +61 2 99213488
W http://www.sydneyobservatory.com.au

This email plus any attachments to it are confidential and may be privileged. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.