[ASC-list] Ian Chubb at the National Press Club

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Tue Jul 30 08:12:16 UTC 2013

For those of you unable to spend $80 on a lunch, the talk should be broadcast live by ABC.

Professor Ian Chubb AC
Chief Scientist for Australia
July 31, 2013
11.30am - 1.30pm

"Australia must take a strategic approach to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics(STEM) in the National Interest"

Chief Scientist Professor Ian Chubb will officially launch his position paper Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in the National Interest: A Strategic Approach.

It will outline how to strengthen Australia’s STEM enterprise in order to face major societal challenges and earn the future we want.

Action is required now to address issues like flat or declining STEM participation, impediments to our stream of new ideas, uncertainty from short-term support for programs, a narrow focus for innovation and the wicked problems facing the world.

Professor Chubb will map pathways to a better Australia and argue that getting the full benefit from our STEM enterprise requires alignment, focus and scale.

Toss Gascoigne and Associates
56 Vasey Cres
CAMPBELL ACT 2612

P. 02 6249 7400