[ASC-list] ASC2014 in Brisbane in February.... your preferred keynote/s?

Lamberts Rod rod.lamberts at anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 30 23:38:33 UTC 2013

Dan Kahan would be bloody awesome! Interesting and relevant evidence-based work. Also great for challenging possible lazy assumptions…

On 31/07/2013, at 9:34 AM, Kali Madden <office at asc.asn.au> wrote:

> Thanks David.
>
> Ian Chubb spoke at our 2012 conference (the video: http://bit.ly/16i0eGe) and was mentioned frequently as a highlight due to the big picture view he offered (courtesy the post-conference feedback survey).
>
> People have also mentioned Dan Kahan, Andy Thomas, and more about the US Govt SciCom Programs.
>
> We can't make any promises of course but at least we can be looking in the direction you all point to :-)
>
> Any others?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Kali
>
> Kali Madden
> Executive Officer, Australian Science Communicators
> & ASC Conference Director 2012, 2010
> <image005.png>
>
> office at asc.asn.au
>
> http://www.asc.asn.au/
>

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:22 AM, David Ellyard <david at davidellyard.com> wrote:
> Kali
>

> Ian Chubb is an obvious choice in the light of his new strategic plan to promote STEM. The engagement of sci-comm in all that should be a major theme at the gathering.
>

> Cheers
>

> David

Dr RG Lamberts

Deputy Director
Australian National Centre for Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)
A Centre for the National Commission of UNESCO

Office G10
Physics Link Building (#38a)
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200

P: +61 2 6125 0747
F: +61 2 6125 8991