[ASC-list] ASC2014 in Brisbane in February.... your preferred keynote/s?

Sarah Keenihan sarahkeenihan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 00:52:11 UTC 2013

Hi Kali,

I'd love to hear from someone *outside* of the world of science, but who has the capacity to offer insights into how science is perceived by 'people out there', and how science creates stories which are interesting and relevant to non-geeks (if you know what I mean).

Like Richard Fidler (Radio National host of Conversations), or Margaret Throsby (ABC Classic Radio lunchtime interviews).

Or a print journo who covers aspects of science. Maybe Tory Shepherd, who covers politics but has a good grip on science and participates in events at RiAus. Or even someone unexpected like Mia Freedman?

Or an author like Peter Goldsworthy or Kylie Ladd, whose knowledge of medicine and science flavours what they write.

Just ideas, I'm sure there are many other possibilities.

Cheers,
Sarah

Sarah Keenihan
PhD | BMedSci | GradDipSciComm

Reading, writing and interpreting science. And other stuff.

0419 976 834 | @sciencesarah | http://sciencesarah.wordpress.com/

Special Project: Science For Life.365
http://scienceforlife365.wordpress.com | http://www.facebook.com/scienceforlife365