[ASC-list] ASC2014 in Brisbane in February.... your preferred keynote/s?

Susannah Eliott Susannah at smc.org.au
Wed Jul 31 01:06:21 UTC 2013

It may be out of the realms of possibility in terms of our budget but an absolute highlight for me at the World Conference of Science Journalists in Helsinki was the keynote by Hans Rossling, the Swedish statistician and star communicator (and creator of www.gapminder.org).  He kept us all spellbound for over an hour and really challenged our assumptions about the world using statistics, beautiful visuals and some very funny presentation skills.

Cheers
Susannah

Dr Susannah Eliott
Chief Executive Officer

Australian Science Media Centre (AusSMC)
Street address: The Science Exchange, 55 Exchange Place, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Postal address: PO Box 237, RUNDLE MALL SA 5000
Ph: (08) 7120 8660 | Mob: 0424 676 136 | susannah at smc.org.au<mailto:susannah at smc.org.au> | smc.org.au<http://www.smc.org.au/>

The Australian Science Media Centre (AusSMC) is an independent, not-for-profit service for journalists, working to improve links between the news media and the scientific community. We aim for a better informed society with greater access to evidence-based science. The national centre is supported by a wide variety of sectors with each contribution capped at 10% of total running costs. For a full list of current supporters visit our website.