[ASC-list] Fwd: science communications

Glenn Conroy glenn1231946 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 09:04:07 UTC 2013

Hello

My friend who is not a science communicator asked me to post the following
to the ASC e-list.

"To me, as an educated fascinated layman, it's crucial that we have capable
people who communicate science to the public in simple terms they can
understand. e.g. David Attenborough.

Without such people, the public has no idea what's going on, what the
issues are, what is important, and why. Without that, there's no political
pressure to make sure that real science is properly funded.

e.g. where would conservation be without Attenborough's decades of
spectacular TV series?"

        Ed

Glenn Conroy
Communications Manager
Invasive Animals CRC
--
Free Internet, Computer, or Smartphone Consulting: if I can answer your
question in under five minutes, it's free. Otherwise, usual rates apply.