[ASC-list] Climate Commission- Adelaide Thurs 27 June

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Sun Jun 16 23:40:23 UTC 2013

For all SA based ASCers...

Next week at RiAus we're hosting the Climate Commission for one of their community forums following the release of their next report, which comes out today.   Not only is it a chance to hear from the Climate Commissioners directly about the latest research, they'll be covering how they put the report together and their strategies for presenting the data in an accessible, relevant way for non-scientists.  Details and bookings below....

Climate: the critical decade<http://climatecriticaldecade.eventbrite.com.au/>
In a media landscape awash with information, how can people access scientific evidence in a way that's useful and easy to understand?  More importantly, does access to this information change their behaviour?
The Climate Commission was established in 2011 to provide accurate and independent information to the Australian public on climate change. Their next major report The Critical Decade 2013: Climate change science, risks and response will be released this month and we invite you to join Professors Will Steffen and Lesley Hughes, Climate Commissioners and RiAus Director Dr Paul Willis as we discuss the major findings of the report, and the strategies used to get across the key messages.
Thursday, 27 June, 6-7.30pm, The Science Exchange
Supported by The Climate Commission<http://climatecommission.gov.au/>.
Book here: http://climatecriticaldecade.eventbrite.com.au/

Cheers
Lisa