[ASC-list] the journal Science needs volunteer writers for 'Science in the Classroom'

Will Rifkin willrifkinphd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:35:09 UTC 2013

Dear ASC colleagues,

The respected journal, Science, is seeking volunteer writers for their 'Science in the Classroom' project.  The project creates a set of annotated research papers and accompanying teaching materials.

They need one expert each in the fields of geology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics.  The effort is supported by the US National Science Foundation for 1 Jan 2013 to 31 Dec 2015.

For information about the effort and sample materials, see - http://scienceintheclassroom.org/

My contact at Science is Pamela J. Hines <phines at aaas.org>, senior editor in the area of plant science, developmental neurobiology, developmental biology, stem cells, and evolution.  She also conceived and is editor for the refereed Education section that appears once each month in Science.

Please reply directly to Pam Hines, ... and cc me.  Show her an example of relevant work that you have done, and bargain for a free subscription.  ;-)

Will

Will Rifkin, PhD
SaMnet HQ, U of Sydney
Science and Mathematics network of Australian university educators
willrifkinphd at gmail.com
http://will-rifkin-phd.wikispaces.com
mob: (+61) 402 612 586