[ASC-list] Seeking science writers for local science writing group (Melb)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 23:53:31 UTC 2013

Hi fellow ASCers,

As a newby science writer, and a part-time freelance one at that, I often
feel as though I'm the only one struggling to build a science writing
career. I know this is completely untrue - there are plenty of people out
there with similar aspirations and anxieties.

So, I am putting out a call for anyone interested in forming a science
writing group in Melbourne. My aim is to connect with colleagues, work
through ideas, hone pitches and share writing/researching tips.

I would prefer to have face-to-face meetings, which is why I've suggested
that it be a local Melbourne group, but if more of you are elsewhere in the
country, perhaps this could work as a Google hang-out type deal.

If you're interested, I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Dyani

--

*Dyani Lewis*, PhD
Freelance science writer and broadcaster
e: dyanilewis at gmail.com
w: www.dyanilewis.com