[ASC-list] Interactive electronic documents

Cathy Reade creade at squirrel.com.au
Fri Jun 21 06:12:02 UTC 2013

Has anyone done any research (or have an opinion) on whether having some
interactive elements to an electronic version of a report boosts interest in
reading it? I'm thinking perhaps basic elements like being able to jump to
chapters and perhaps links to electronic content like videos.

The usual practice is to provide a pdf version of the printed version, with
an executive summary.

I was just wondering if going the extra step and providing some
interactivity in the online version is worth what I imagine will be a not
inconsequential extra cost when the job will not be possible in-house.

Any comments appreciated on their value/merit.

Happy to take emails to me rather than the list (-:

Cathy Reade
Director, Public Affairs and Communication
Crawford Fund
Mobile: +61 413 575 934

Skype: Cathy.Reade
Web:  <http://www.crawfordfund.org/> www.crawfordfund.org

Twitter: @CrawfordFund

The Crawford Fund's mission is to increase Australia's engagement in
international agricultural research, development and education for the
benefit of developing countries and Australia.