[ASC-list] Interactive electronic documents

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Fri Jun 21 17:32:00 UTC 2013

Dear Cathy,

Adding bookmarks and linked tables of contents to pdf files is very easy - less than 10 seconds per chapter heading - provided that you have a full copy of Adobe Acrobat or one of the free equivalents.

If the document is well structured in Word or InDesign then all the hyperlinks in the source document are retained and you may not even need a full copy of Acrobat.

Niall

________

Niall Byrne

Creative Director, Science in Public
Travelling back from a day at EMBL - a beautiful campus in the hills above Heidelberg.

I'm in Europe until 17 July for the World Conference of Science Journalists and other events.
Contact me by email or skype
All phone messages go to skype

Twitter scienceinpublic
Skype niall_byrne