[ASC-list] 'Publish or perish'

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Tue Jun 25 03:16:49 UTC 2013

The main issue Brendon is that scientists rarely get properly rewarded
for such efforts...

They still get ahead by publishing peer reviewed papers, not through
public communication!

However, there have been growing numbers of scientists over the past 25
years that I have been working as a science communicator who do see the
value in public communication that go beyond the rewards of money or
position...

For example, most scientists experienced with the media absolutely see
the benefits.

Lots has been researched and written about this...

Jenni Metcalfe

Director, Econnect Communication

www.econnect.com.au <http://www.econnect.com.au/>

phone: 07 3846 7111; 0408 551 866

jenni at econnect.com.au

skype: jenni.metcalfe

twitter: @JenniMet

PO Box 734 South Brisbane Q 4101

subscribe to Econnect's free monthly e-newsletter:
http://www.econnect.com.au/news_newsletter.htm

  <https://twitter.com/#!/econnectteam>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Econnect-Team/157913364253434>