[ASC-list] We are the same as fruit flies?

Nancy Longnecker nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 27 00:26:01 UTC 2013

In my day, euthanasia of fruit flies involved putting them in a jar with a chemical (chloroform? don't remember) and they quickly 'dropped like flies'. The procedure may have changed by now.

Assoc Prof Nancy Longnecker

Science Communication
School of Animal Biology, M092
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, WA   6009

ph: 61 8 6488 3926
nancy.longnecker at uwa.edu.au

www.animals.uwa.edu.au/research/science-communication
www.communicatingscience.org
www.facebook.com/pages/UWA-Science-Communication/139535189461853?ref=hl
skype: nancylongnecker

“Science is part of the reality of living; it is the what, the how, and the why of everything in our experience.” Rachel Carson, 1952.

CRICOS Provider No. 00126G